Eagle Fern Veterinary Hospital's Tour.
During your tour you will find the many services and capabilities that
we offer to you for your
pet's health care needs.
We offer personal tours to our clients, service clubs, schools and scout
groups, as well as provide educational materials about veterinary
medicine and pet health care. Our veterinarians are available for
presentations at schools or organizations. To make arrangements, please
call (503) 630-3538 or click to contact Client Services.
Our staff looks forward to
the hospital tours and career talks we give
each year to the students of Estacada and Eagle Creek schools during
National Pet Health Month
||You and your pet will be greeted by our client services staff in our warm and friendly reception area. After checking in, you will be escorted to one of our four exam rooms.|
The reception area features:
- Case of the Month - Medicine
- Hospitality area with fresh coffee and tea
- Retail area with quality food, vitamins, dental care products, pet
carriers, shampoos, leashes, collars, treats and fun toys
- Walk-on scale for pets
- Aquarium to fascinate our clinic cat or young children
- Portraits of the staff with their pets
||We have four exams rooms where your pet's specific problems can be diagnosed and discussed. In addition to physical exams, this area is also used for minor treatments, boarding and grooming check-ins and giving medication.|
To schedule a doctor's examination for your pet, either call 503-630-3538 or click here.
One of our dedicated exam room technicians will
obtain your pet's weight and medical history. If a laboratory sample is
needed for your pet's appointment, like a blood, urine or stool sample,
it will be collected at that time by our technician. The doctor will
then join the technician to perform a complete physical examination and
talk with you about their findings and recommendations. If any
prescriptions are necessary, they will be prepared at our pharmacy and
you can be shown how to medicate your animal. You and your pet will
then be escorted to the discharge area to complete paperwork.
|Our pharmacy dispenses most of all the medications your pet may need including prescription medication, flea, tick and heartworm preventive medication, shampoos and conditioners, joint supplements and prescription diets.|
The treatment room is the busiest part of the hospital. Your pet will come here if it needs special care and treatment.
|Treatment room features:
- Charting area
- ICU cart ready for any emergency
- Intensive care unit to continuously observe our critical patients
- Endoscope with a small camera to view and/or biopsy the trachea, esophagus, stomach, intestines and colon
- Two "sink" treatment tables, complete with water and drains, to perform procedures or minor operations
Dental Care Area
|The dental care area is where your pet will be anesthetized for it's annual teeth cleaning. After cleaning, your pet's teeth will be x-rayed. Any additional procedures will be performed then the teeth are polished and flouride and OraVet barrier gel are applied.
|Dental area features:
To schedule a dental examination and cleaning for your pet, either call 503-630-3538 or click here.
- "Sink" table
- Special dental equipment including ultrasonic scaler, polisher, drill, air and water dispenser and hand tools
- Dental x-ray machine and developer
In our laboratory area we analyze blood, urine, fecal matter, tissue needle biopsies and perform tests such as heartworm, feline leukemia / FIV, and Parvo virus. We can run blood tests in less than 20 minutes for our pre-anesthesia screens or in an emergency. We also use an outside lab for additional testing or cultures.
- I-Stat Electrolyte machine
- Blood chemistry analyzer
- EKG machine and access to board certified cardiologists via telemedicine
- Blood pressure machine
- Eye pressure tonometer
- Centrifuges to spin down blood, urine and fecal samples
The surgery suite
prep area for the
patient and the surgeon and a separate surgery room. The surgery
room is kept disinfected -- no one is allowed in the area without a
cap or mask to minimize contamination and the risk of infection during
surgery. During surgery, a surgical technician is always present to
monitor the patient.
- Surgeon prep area with 'hands-free' sink and soap dispenser
- Patient prep area with monitoring and anesthetic equipment
- Two adjustable surgery tables with circulating hot water blankets to
keep the patient warm
- Monitoring equipment to observe EKG, tissue oxygen levels, blood
pressure, and body temperature
- Special equipment including electrocautery, suction, x-ray viewer,
intravenous fluid pumps and anesthetic machines
- Steam and gas sterilizing machines
- Special "pass-through" window for surgical packs
- Observation window for viewing surgery
- Surgeries we perform include spays, neuters, fracture repair,
cruciate injury repair, abdominal and thoracic surgery, growth removals,
wound repair and more
To schedule a surgery for your pet, either call 503-630-3538 or click here
The radiology room is where we take x-rays,
develop x-rays with an automatic processor and view the x-rays in a dark
Ultrasounds may be performed by the veterinary
radiologist in our treatment area.
We perform ultrasounds, ultrasound guided
biopsies and cystocentesis urine samples.
Radiology room features:
- Adjustable x-ray machine
- Darkroom with an automatic processor
- X-ray viewers and "hot" light for detail viewing
- Digitizing machine to convert x-rays into digital images which then
can be transmitted to a board certified radiologist or other specialist
- Ultrasound machine for ultrasound examinations, and ultrasound
guided biopsies and cystocentesis urine samples
|The cat area is exclusive to cats away from
noisy dogs. We have "kitty condos" with perching shelves and wall
openings to access the adjacent condo if needed.|
To schedule boarding for your pet, either call 503-630-3538 or click here.
||The dog outdoor exercise area is fenced in. The healthy dogs in our care play three times a day under the supervision of our Pet Care Technicians.|
|The grooming area is where your pet will be pampered! Our professional groomer will give your dog or cat a new look with a bath, brush, clip and bandanas or bows.|
To schedule a grooming appointment for your pet, either call 503-630-3538 or click here.
Isolation room features:
||The isolation room is where we hospitalize possibly infectious patients such as those that have respiratory disease or parvo virus infection. There is a separate entrance so these sick patients will not come in contact with our well patients.|
- Large kennels
- Separate floor sink
- Procedure table to perform examinations and procedures
- Special foot bath and gowns to decrease the likelihood of spreading infection to the rest of the hospital.